Tooth bonding is a technique used to improve the shape and colour of teeth by means of composite resins.
This technique is primarily used for:
- closing gaps between teeth
- coverage of discolourations
- correcting teeth that are slightly crooked
- broken or fractured teeth
The advantages of Tooth bonding are:
- it is cheapest way to improve teeth aesthetics
- no anaesthesia is required
- no drilling is required
- the procedure is performed in one session
The only disadvantage of Tooth bonding is the absorption of colourants, that is why frequent cleaning - polishing of the teeth by the dentist is required.